Saturday 14 October 2017

My first clubbing experience

I've always looked forward to turning legal.
Being legally able to experience things that we once are not exposed to.
Clubbing, getting your own driver cert and having fun.
Well, that's just how the internet portrays what turning legal means.

It's pretty different for me though.
I choose not to hold a birthday party for my 18th, partially because I don't find it necessary, and another reason is that I don't have many friends to invite.

For those who don't really know me, I'm not really a social person in real life.
Since secondary school, I only talk and hang out with my own group of friends, not even saying hi to my other classmates.

As I step into polytechnic, it remains the same.
I only hang out with my group of friends, from a group of 11 people since the 2nd day of school, and now we're left with 5.
I'll talk about this in another blog post, so let's move on to my actual blog post, my first clubbing experience.

I haven't met my secondary friends for a month, and we planned to meet up for another drinking sesh before school reopens, since we'll be pretty busy with our personal life and school then.

Since 3/4 of us have not been to a club before, I suggested that we should try it out before school reopens.

I invited Gab along too, since Jol's boyfriend will be there as well, and also he does not allow me to go clubbing without him.

Long story short, in the end, Gab invited 4 of his friends, while I'm with 3 other close friends of mine, & Jol's boyfriend didn't turn up in the end.

Well, pre-drink sesh was pretty awkward at the start, since it's the first time my friends are meeting those guys, and I'm not really close with this group of guys either.

Things got a little better when everyone started drinking and the mood there lightens up.

1st incident: Clarence broke a bottle of vodka
It happened when Gab and I are on the other side of the carpark enjoying our time alone. when we heard the bottle smashing onto the ground. Most of us are pretty much high at that point of time, and Clarence, Gab's friend was holding the bottle of vodka, running away from my friends and not allowing them to get the bottle until it's 11pm.
We had 2 bottles of Vodka and a few bottle of mixers before that and were already high at around 10.30pm. Since it's still early they decided to buy another bottle of Vodka. Well, he broke the 3rd bottle of Vodka (even before we opened it) at 10.59pm. Just1-minute difference, yup that sucks.
Since I wasn't there at the time it happened, I clearly have no idea what happened at that point in time.

2nd incident: Jovin and Clarence started bleeding
When we got over, things were worse than expected. Jovin and Clarence were bleeding because of that broken bottle of Vodka. The situation was chaotic & we decided that we have to get some band-aids and water to clean their wound since there's no taps around or plain water.
I was starting to sober up already, so I volunteered to accompany Jolene down to 7/11 to get the essential kits.

3rd incident: Crying over GPA
We got back to the carpark and realized that my friends were crying & Clarence was still talking shits, laughing at how my friends did badly for their GPA, & how NP gave him money for getting 3.8 GPA. This made Jolene mad & started yelling at Clarence, I mean well, that's Jolene. She cares for us like a mother & dislikes seeing any of us getting hurt.

No more pre-drinks, & by the time the past 3 incidents ended, it's close to 11.30pm so we decided we should make our way down to Cherry.

Oh yes, why Cherry out of all clubs?
We're not experienced in the clubs so we're deciding to go between Get Juiced & Cherry.
Since Gab & Jovin said that Get Juiced isn't that good, we decided to go for Cherry since most of us haven't been there before.

Thank God for all day free entry for girls because I don't think I'll pay to enter a club, after what happened that night.

So we got in before the guys & were happily taking selfies in the toilet before they joined us inside.

4th incident: Jewis went home
Gab's friend, Jewis got sent home because he didn't bring his IC along, & the bouncer rejected Ezlink card, despite the fact that there's no difference in both & guys have to pay $35 entrance fee.

I was sober when we're inside Cherry, so I decided to get another glass of Vodka, along with Jolene, for $15.

5th incident: Spilling Vodka
At that point of time, I've finished my glass of Vodka so this incident didn't affect me. But on the other hand, Jolene just had one sip of Vodka when Clarence knocked over it (the glass was placed on the table) and it spilled all over Jolene's skirt and shoes. Pretty messed up, but yes that got Jolene mad & she just decided she got to leave first because she no longer has the mood to enjoy anymore.

I continued partying, trying to get into the clubbing feels, ignoring the fact that I'm pretty sober at the club.

Before Jolene left, she told me to look after the other 2 girls & of course I promised her so since our intention is the same, I wouldn't want to see any of my friends getting taken advantage of.

Jolene called me about an hour after she left, checking on the girls. Couldn't really remember what did I exactly said but I was just updating her that my friends are dancing with Gab's friends. She decided to cab back to the club to look for us since Jovin and Jolene's initial plan is to cab home together, while I cab back with Peiyu. But my friends said that it's not necessary since they're sober & they are fine cabbing back themselves.

6th incident: the argument
Despite me saying that it's not necessary for her to come over, Jolene came.
And that's when things got chaotic, again for that night.
I won't go in deep about what we argued about, but because of the argument that night, I lost my friends.
Probably it's wrong for her to party & gets close to the guys despite having a boyfriend who was not there that night, or perhaps to her, it's totally fine to wrap your arms around and dance with other guys when you have a boyfriend, I don't know.
After all, everyone has different views on that, so it's really not up to me to judge or decide what is right and what is wrong.
But like I said earlier, I just don't wish to see any of my friends getting hurt, especially when I'm the one who organized the night out.

Before I continue, I'm not trying to blame anyone.
Probably like what my friend said, it might be me seeing things wrong & assuming that it's right, that I choose to listen to what the guys said instead of her side of the story.
I'm not siding anyone, to be honest, but everyone has eyes to see & I'm not the only one who witnessed things that night.

Also, some may have thought that I'm ridiculous choosing to air my dirty laundry online.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not.
After all, this is my personal blog, & all I wanted is a platform for me to express myself.
So if you dislike the fact that I'm blogging what's been happening to my life, please leave.

To conclude, it's the wrong choice of words used that spike off the misunderstandings that night. That one is lacking self-love & respect just because she's attached & choose to do things that may upset the boyfriend, that we didn't give her a chance to speak & explain herself.

To end off, my first clubbing experience didn't turn out well.
To my group of friends who went through thick & thin with me for the past 3 years, I didn't expect things to turn out like this. Really.
Despite the 3 of you assuring that it's not my fault that things got screwed up that night, in the end, I'm the one to blame.
If only I didn't invite the guys along that night, if only I didn't comment so much & just keeping things simple with an 'Everything is just fine' lie, none of this will happen.
I'm sorry everyone, especially to those who are present that night.

One last picture of us, the best group of friends I ever had.


Bryana

No comments:

Post a Comment