Wednesday 17 June 2015

Religion

HELLO PEOPLE!!!!

I'm finally back with a blogpost after 2 months???? super duper inactive here sighpie.... my blog need a makeover real soon!!!!!!!!!
okay back to topic~

Everyone have different opinions & views about anything, & everything in life. It's impossible for everyone to have the same views, unless they are being forced to, or that they refuse to make their own decisions.

Same goes to religion. Different people belongs to different religion. Either they chose that religion themselves, or they were born with that religion.

Okay firstly, let me introduce my family. My parents were divorced when I was 1 years old, while my grandparents were divorced during my mum & aunt's teenage years. I was born in a Buddhist family. My aunt wasn't that close to us ((especially me)) ever since i was in primary school because i was suuuuper annoying & i always piss her off by singing loudly at home whenever she's asleep. ((I didn't do it on purpose okay, i was too carried away by my music hehe)) We just eventually got drifted.

Ever since my aunt grow up, she stop going to the temple along with my grandma as they seldom communicate despite living under the same roof. While on the other hand, my mum & I would always accompany my grandma to temples.

I used to attend Buddhist religious classes when I was younger, in two / three different temples. The classes starts @ 8.30am & ends @ 12.30pm on every Sunday morning. I stop attending those classes as I found out that I didn't get to learn anything useful from the classes, probably because the classes are conducted in Chinese, & therefore I tend not to listen in class. Besides, I was in a relationship at that period of time & i find that that timing can be used to meet him instead. ((it's stupid it's also wasting my time)) Lastly, it's because I started having tuition classes on every Sunday mornings, so eventually I stopped attending Buddhist religious classes.

Through my classmates, I got to know Christ in primary 6, after she brought me along to her church camp in Paya Lebar Methodist Church. Even though it's only a 3 days camp inside the church, I learnt alot from it.

Currently, i attend church every Saturday ever since Valentines' Day, i learnt alot through the speaker of every week, my cell leaders, & fellow cell mates.

Recently, i kept having constant bad conflicts with my grandma, just simply because she don't like the fact that me & my mum chose to be a christian instead of a Buddhist.
SIDE NOTE: I'm still attending both church & visit temple as i really had no choice. She kept asking me not to attend church every Saturday, saying that it's useless & that it's a waste of time.

Why did i started attending church???? To be honest, before i started attending church, I was together with a guy, aka Kenneth if you had read my blogpost {Thoughts} for a few months. He dislikes Christians, but I'm not really sure about the details behind it. When things started gets shaky between us, i told myself that I'll become a christian after he left me. Apparently my mum is aware about this promise that i made, she brought me to church 2 weeks after he left me, which is on Valentines' Day.

I always got questions from people around me, asking whether would I want to be a christian or a Buddhist. I honestly don't know. I don't want to disappoint my grandma, for telling the news that i don't want to be a Buddhist. In order not to disappoint her, I have to wear the amulets that she specially gotten from the temple every single day & took them out secretly when i attend church / meet my church friends. On the other hand, I also don't want to disappoint my mum, for bringing to church to know God, & knowing lovely people around me who I'm able to share my burdens with.

To end off this blogpost, i would like to say that, everyone have different beliefs & different opinions towards different religions. No matter what religions we are from, every religion are suppose to be respected, & treated the same.

Signing Off,
Bryana Huang

















No comments:

Post a Comment